CSS layout design is easy to design and maintain. CSS layout design is unique and easiest way to manage your website or application. CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is a simple mechanism for adding style (like fonts, colors, spacing…) to Web documents. Thru CSS you can change the theme, links, navigation, font type, font color any many things.
Cascading Style Sheets
CSS is an acronym for Cascading Style Sheets.
CSS was developed by the W3C.CSSlayout design, a new feature being added to HTML that gives both developers & users more control over how pages are displayed. The style sheets can then be applied to any Web page. Multiple style sheets can be applied to the same Web page.
CSS is a fantastic tool to add layout to your websites. CSS allow you to control the layout and look of your page easily. It can save your lot of time and it enables you to design websites in a completely different way.
What can we do with CSS?
CSS is a style language that defines layout of HTML documents. CSS covers fonts, colors, margins, lines, borders, height, width, tables, backgrounds, background images, advanced positions and many other things.
HTML can be used to add layout to websites. But CSS offers more options and is more accurate. CSS is supported by all browsers today. CSS allow you to control the layout and look of your page easily. CSS is essential for developing contemporary, attractive websites.
The Benefits of CSS layout
CSS based layout has excellent support in today’s browsers. And in your website it will allows for design consistency and easier maintenance.
So if we’ve been using only HTML layouts for years and creating all sorts of great websites with them why make the switch? Some of the advantages of using CSS layouts are:
- Easier to maintain and update
- Consistency in design
- Additional formatting options
- Lightweight code
- Quicker download times
- SEO (Search engine optimization) benefits
- Ease of presenting different styles to different viewers
- Greater accessibility
Benefits of Using CSS layout for Web Pages
- Search Engine benefits. Search engines spider the content that comes first in your source code. With CSS you can easily structure the content to appear first with the rest of the source code following it. This will help out to get good rank as your competitors.
- Fast loading pages. Designing CSS-based web pages will speed up the loading of your pages considerably because the styles are all contained in one style sheet.
- Small file size. CSS will reduce the file size of your html document. If you look at a web page layout that is designed with CSS you will notice that the size is very small compared to one designed with lots of tables. This also helps reduce load times.
- Save time.CSS will allow you to design your site much faster than tables because there are some styles you can use for every site.
- Flexibility of design. You can use pixel precision in your web site designs. By adjusting the margins and padding of the CSS you can easily adjust the position of your content. You can also create very modern designs that can't be duplicated with tables.
- Print friendly.When a user chooses to print a web page an alternative CSS document can be called up. This document can specify that formatting, images and navigation disappear and just the page content appear on the printed version.
- W3C Recommendation CSS is one of the W3C's core recommendations, so yours CSS styled layout will comply with the current standards.
- Easy To organizeCSS layout helps separate presentation from content by moving all the page-styling instructions into a centralized location. The benefit of having an entire site's style information contained in a single external CSS file is that doing so allows for instant site-wide style updates.